NHS Supply Chain will bring state-of-the-art cancer treatment to the United Kingdom by signing a deal to purchase ten Elekta Synergy® radiation therapy treatment systems. They will be delivered over the next 18 months. The deal begins to address the shortage of linear accelerators (linacs) in the U.K. and the replacement of aging linacs. According to the National Radiotherapy Advisory Group (NRAG), the NHS in England alone will need to replace a significant number of linacs between 2012 and 2016*. The order was booked during Elekta’s fourth quarter 2011/12.
“NHS Supply Chain’s selection of Elekta treatment solutions, as part of its efforts to improve cancer care in the United Kingdom, is a great honor,” says Bill Yaeger, Executive Vice President, Elekta Oncology. “We hope to continue supporting its ongoing endeavors and are dedicated to being a valuable partner as NHS hospitals enhance their cancer management capabilities.”
By acquiring the Elekta Synergy system, NHS Supply Chain will have the world’s first linac to bring 3D and 4D image guidance into the treatment set-up process. The system is equipped with imaging tools that help clinicians visualize tumor targets and normal tissue, and their movement.
The integrated digital linac will allow NHS Supply Chain hospitals and clinics to evolve with the latest clinical advancements such as Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) or a system upgrade with the Agility™** beam-shaping device.
**Agility is not licensed for sale in all markets. Please contact your local representative for details.
Leave a Reply
- Elekta-Equra Health Partnership to Increase South African Cancer Patients’ Access to Radiation Therapy
- Visit Elekta at PTCOG in Essen, Germany
- Elekta Announces Latest Leksell GammaPlan Connectivity with MOSAIQ Oncology Information System
- Kettering Medical Center Acquires Elekta’s Versa HD Radiotherapy System
- Elekta to Highlight New MOSAIQ OIS Functionality at ASCO Annual Meeting
- Schedule a MOSAIQ Demo at ASCO 2013
- Elekta Debuts Versa HD Makes at Korean Society of Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting
- Save the Date for the 2013 Elekta Australasian User Meeting
- Puerto Rico’s Caribbean Imaging and Radiation Therapy Center Orders Elekta’s New Versa HD System for Treatment of Cancer Patients
- Webinar: Advances in lung SBRT planning utilizing radiobiological planning with Elekta’s Monaco®
- AAPM July 29, 2017[…]
- AES December 1, 2016[…]
- ASTRO October 17, 2015[…]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 8, 2015Date: 2015-09-09 to 2015-09-11 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with or […]
- AANS May 1, 2015[…]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Applications Introductory Program November 30, 2014Date: 2014-12-01 to 2014-12-04 Calendar Link: Location: Elekta, Stockholm, Sweden Description: Objective To make users confident in the operation, care and maintenance of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion. The course will focus on radiation physics, dosimetry, stereotaxy for Gamma Knife surgery, quality assurance (QA), technical information and treatment plannin […]
- JASTRO annual meeting November 22, 2014The 2013 JASTRO Annual Meeting Description Description text goes here. […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Applications Introductory Program November 9, 2014Date: 2014-11-10 to 2014-11-13 Calendar Link: Location: Elekta, Stockholm, Sweden Description: Objective To make users confident in the operation, care and maintenance of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion. The course will focus on radiation physics, dosimetry, stereotaxy for Gamma Knife surgery, quality assurance (QA), technical information and treatment plannin […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Upgrade Program November 3, 2014Date: 2014-11-04 to 2014-11-06 Calendar Link: Location: University of Pittsburgh, Center for Image-Guided Neurosurgery, United States Description: Objective To receive aspects of clinical and technical training for handling new features of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, when upgrading from previous models. Training on the dynamic workflow of Leksell GammaPla […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion / 4C - Introductory Program November 2, 2014Date: 2014-11-03 to 2014-11-07 Calendar Link: Location: University of Pittsburgh, Center for Image-Guided Neurosurgery, United States Description: Objective To obtain knowledge about the practical aspects of stereotactic radiosurgery using Leksell Gamma Knife. Principles of radiation physics and radiobiology, that apply to single-session, focused, small volu […]