Acknowledging the importance of dedicated information management systems for radiation and medical oncology practices, Elekta will demonstrate the most recent version of its MOSAIQ® Oncology Information System (OIS) at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society’s 2012 conference (HIMSS12), Feb. 20-24, in Las Vegas.
MOSAIQ is a comprehensive OIS that centralizes traditional radiation oncology, particle therapy and medical oncology patient data into a single user interface, accessible by multidisciplinary teams across multiple locations. MOSAIQ provides hospitals and oncology staff access to the underlying clinical and administrative data, improving both clinical care and operational efficiency.
Visitors to Elekta booth #1455 will learn how MOSAIQ integrates with a diverse array of hospital systems, treatment devices and imaging systems, increasing accessibility to critical data anytime by remote users on various platforms. MOSAIQ captures the entire patient chart in a common database that users can customize, allowing radiation oncologists and medical oncologists to coordinate care for complex cases. In addition to hospital based centers, MOSAIQ provides all the clinical, administrative and billing needs allowing the stand alone centers to have one, complete, comprehensive oncology system.
MOSAIQ is “Best in KLAS” for 2011
At a HIMSS presentation, MOSAIQ will be recognized for its number one ranking in the recently released 2011 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Services report. The report is a summary of performance data collected over the past 12 months and ranks the top overall vendors.
“MOSAIQ integrates with hundreds of hospital and laboratory systems at facilities around the world,” says Todd Powell, Executive Vice President, Elekta Software. “We are enormously gratified that our customer respondents in the KLAS survey recognized the value of MOSAIQ for managing their patients’ care. I believe it clearly demonstrates the strengths of the MOSAIQ community and how we collectively develop and support each other in our common goal of effectively managing cancer.”
KLAS’s data are also supported by the U.S. News & World Report 2011-12 best hospital rankings, which indicate that 46 out of the 50 top-ranked cancer hospitals are users of Elekta’s oncology software.
Leave a Reply
- Elekta Debuts Versa HD Makes at Korean Society of Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting
- Save the Date for the 2013 Elekta Australasian User Meeting
- Puerto Rico’s Caribbean Imaging and Radiation Therapy Center Orders Elekta’s New Versa HD System for Treatment of Cancer Patients
- Webinar: Advances in lung SBRT planning utilizing radiobiological planning with Elekta’s Monaco®
- XiO® New Enhancements
- Canada’s Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Joins Elekta and Philips Research Consortium on MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy
- From BMX to Gamma Knife surgery and back – Josh Perry’s story
- Massage technique at Valley Hospital’s Gamma Knife Center puts patients at ease before treatment
- 2013 Leksell Radiosurgery Award Recipient: Dr. Hideyuki Kano
- The Gamma Knife Centre at Queen Square Radiosurgery Centre Marks Official Opening
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 8, 2015Date: 2015-09-09 to 2015-09-11 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with or […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 9, 2014Date: 2014-09-10 to 2014-09-12 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with o […]
- Leksell Stereotactic Neurosurgery Training March 30, 2014Date: 2014-03-31 to 2014-04-02 Calendar Link: Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands Description: Objective To make neurosurgeons proficient in the use of Leksell Stereotactic System and to further develop their skills in the use of the system. The clinical part of the training focuses on functional disorders. Content General principles of stereotaxy, visualizatio […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Upgrade Program December 10, 2013Date: 2013-12-11 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: Cleveland Clinic Gamma Knife Center, Cleveland, OH, United States Description: Objective To receive aspects of clinical and technical training for handling new features of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, when upgrading from previous models. Training on the dynamic workflow of Leksell GammaPlan includes i […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Introductory Program December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: Cleveland Clinic Gamma Knife Center, Cleveland, OH, United States Description: Objective To identify the basic principles and biophysics of Gamma Knife surgery and how they apply to day-to-day patient treatment. Review the clinical indications, parameters of treatment and outcomes of Gamma Knife surgery […]
- Monaco December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States Description: OBJECTIVE To provide applications training in advanced radiobiology-based IMRT. The course provides an understanding of the IMRT software enabling the user to efficiently create effective IMRT treatment plans using our product. DURATION 5 days in-house t […]
- XiO-IMRT December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-11 Calendar Link: Location: Freiburg, Germany Description: Objective To provide applications training in IMRT treatment planning utilizing the XiO Treatment Planning System. The course provides an understanding of the IMRT software enabling the user to efficiently create effective IMRT treatment plans using our product. Duration 3 […]
- SRT December 4, 2013Date: 2013-12-05 to 2013-12-06 Calendar Link: Location: Würzburg, Germany Description: OBJECTIVE This advanced clinical training program is designed to present the processes required to implement SRT for routine treatment on Elekta Axesse™ and other Elekta linear accelerators sterotactic capabilities. COURSE CONTENT • Recognize indications for and outcom […]
- VMAT and IGRT Practical Implementation into the Clinic December 1, 2013Date: 2013-12-02 to 2013-12-03 Calendar Link: Location: Swedish Cancer Center Seattle Prostate , United States Description: This is a one and a half day Course for Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Dosimetrists and Nurses interested in Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT). The program will include such topics as defining the target volumes; clin […]
- XiO - Physics December 1, 2013Date: 2013-12-02 to 2013-12-06 Calendar Link: Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States Description: OBJECTIVE To provide information in regards to data acquisition requirements for the XiO Treatment Planning system, as well as training on using the beam modeling tools available in XiO. In addition, basic applications training in treament planning will b […]