An estimated 72,000 healthcare professionals gathered at the Dubai World Trade Centre Jan. 23-26 for the 2012 Arab Health Congress and Exhibition. The meeting also provided the framework for the 2nd Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Cancer Therapy Conference.
During the exhibition, Elekta demonstrated advanced solutions ranging from conventional radiation therapy with Elekta Compact™* to stereotactic neurosurgery with Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexion™, products that provide clinicians with the tools to save and improve the lives of individuals with cancer. In addition, for the first time at Arab Health, Elekta presented advanced brachytherapy solutions.
The theme of the Elekta exhibit was “Experience the Elekta Difference,” which emphasizes the company’s commitment to increasing the user’s clinical confidence by simplifying the variables in treatment planning, patient setup, verification and delivery.
“Elekta was honored to attend Arab Health once again as a Gold Sponsor for the 2nd Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Cancer Therapy Conference,” says Nabil Elias Romanos, Elekta’s Vice President, Eastern Europe and Middle East. “We enjoyed heavy booth traffic and were gratified by the interest in our entire product portfolio, including our brachytherapy solutions. Many of the discussions with hospital administrators and clinicians revolved around key partnerships in the regions, supported by education, training and clinical collaboration.”
In 2012, Elekta will increase its presence in the region, after having already expanded its Dubai office to better serve customers and partners.
*Elekta Compact™ is not available for sale or distribution in all regions. Please contact your local Elekta representative or authorized distributor for further details.
Leave a Reply
- Elekta-Equra Health Partnership to Increase South African Cancer Patients’ Access to Radiation Therapy
- Visit Elekta at PTCOG in Essen, Germany
- Elekta Announces Latest Leksell GammaPlan Connectivity with MOSAIQ Oncology Information System
- Kettering Medical Center Acquires Elekta’s Versa HD Radiotherapy System
- Elekta to Highlight New MOSAIQ OIS Functionality at ASCO Annual Meeting
- Schedule a MOSAIQ Demo at ASCO 2013
- Elekta Debuts Versa HD Makes at Korean Society of Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting
- Save the Date for the 2013 Elekta Australasian User Meeting
- Puerto Rico’s Caribbean Imaging and Radiation Therapy Center Orders Elekta’s New Versa HD System for Treatment of Cancer Patients
- Webinar: Advances in lung SBRT planning utilizing radiobiological planning with Elekta’s Monaco®
- AAPM July 29, 2017[…]
- AES December 1, 2016[…]
- ASTRO October 17, 2015[…]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 8, 2015Date: 2015-09-09 to 2015-09-11 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with or […]
- AANS May 1, 2015[…]
- JASTRO annual meeting November 22, 2014The 2013 JASTRO Annual Meeting Description Description text goes here. […]
- CNS October 17, 2014[…]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 9, 2014Date: 2014-09-10 to 2014-09-12 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with o […]
- Leksell Stereotactic Neurosurgery Training March 30, 2014Date: 2014-03-31 to 2014-04-02 Calendar Link: Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands Description: Objective To make neurosurgeons proficient in the use of Leksell Stereotactic System and to further develop their skills in the use of the system. The clinical part of the training focuses on functional disorders. Content General principles of stereotaxy, visualizatio […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Upgrade Program December 10, 2013Date: 2013-12-11 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: Cleveland Clinic Gamma Knife Center, Cleveland, OH, United States Description: Objective To receive aspects of clinical and technical training for handling new features of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, when upgrading from previous models. Training on the dynamic workflow of Leksell GammaPlan includes i […]