Customers using Elekta’s MOSAIQ® oncology information system (OIS) experience success with seamless integration to Varian’s TrueBeam™ system for radiation therapy delivery. The MOSAIQ interface to this linear accelerator is the most recent example of exceptional connectivity between Elekta’s premier OIS and the delivery systems of other cancer management equipment providers, including Siemens and TomoTherapy, and particle therapy vendors such as Hitachi and IBA.
“Creating a seamless link between MOSAIQ and TrueBeam is consistent with Elekta’s philosophy of open systems connectivity that has endured for 20 years,” says Todd Powell, Executive Vice President, Elekta Software. “MOSAIQ provides unsurpassed safety, functionality and interoperability, meeting our clinicians’ highest expectations and providing the most comprehensive information medium for excellent patient care.”
The MOSAIQ OIS streamlines medical oncology and radiation oncology workflow from the first encounter, through diagnosis and staging, planning, treatment and long-term follow-up. At the heart of MOSAIQ is the image-enabled electronic medical record (EMR) by which healthcare professionals communicate information about their patients throughout the continuum of cancer care.
First centers with new MOSAIQ connectivity report success
Long Island Jewish (LIJ) Medical Center (New Hyde Park, N.Y.) and Exempla Saint Joseph Comprehensive Cancer Center (Denver, Colo.) are among the first sites to use the new MOSAIQ OIS interface with the TrueBeam system. Both centers have experienced excellent MOSAIQ connectivity and interoperability.
“Three years ago we converted to a 100 percent paperless department, and accomplished this by modifying departmental workflow into an integral process-driven patient care operation in MOSAIQ,” says Louis Potters, M.D., Chairman, Department of Radiation Medicine North Shore-LIJ Health System. “The MOSAIQ software offers more than an EMR. It provides an entire radiation oncology solution that manages patient data and the department’s operations. As we rebuilt our department, MOSAIQ was a great product to start with. In addition, MOSAIQ interfaces with some components of our other hospital systems. All-in-all, the MOSAIQ experience with the latest Varian linac is a success for our patients and for our ability to maintain a progressive electronic environment in a complex busy academic practice.”
Clinicians at LIJ also are looking forward to upgrading to the next MOSAIQ release, version 2.2, Dr. Potters adds.
“From what I’ve seen, MOSAIQ 2.2 offers even more ways to streamline workflow as well as a few improvements to existing modules,” he says.
The MOSAIQ interface to TrueBeam has been in place at Exempla Saint Joseph Comprehensive Cancer Center for a few months, according to Greg Gibbs, Consultant Physicist.
“The TrueBeam system connected terrifically from the beginning as did Exempla’s other two Varian linear accelerators previously—there were no problems at all,” he says. “It’s important to have similar user environments at each linac since the therapists go between machines. Since MOSAIQ offers the finest user experience, provides the broadest interoperability and is the most feature-rich OIS available, we were always confident it would satisfy our needs. Historically, Elekta’s EMR has been superior and has led its product category since the beginning.”
One Response to “Cancer Treatment Centers’ Oncology Information System Options Expand with New MOSAIQ Connectivity”
Leave a Reply
- Elekta Debuts Versa HD Makes at Korean Society of Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting
- Save the Date for the 2013 Elekta Australasian User Meeting
- Puerto Rico’s Caribbean Imaging and Radiation Therapy Center Orders Elekta’s New Versa HD System for Treatment of Cancer Patients
- Webinar: Advances in lung SBRT planning utilizing radiobiological planning with Elekta’s Monaco®
- XiO® New Enhancements
- Canada’s Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Joins Elekta and Philips Research Consortium on MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy
- From BMX to Gamma Knife surgery and back – Josh Perry’s story
- Massage technique at Valley Hospital’s Gamma Knife Center puts patients at ease before treatment
- 2013 Leksell Radiosurgery Award Recipient: Dr. Hideyuki Kano
- The Gamma Knife Centre at Queen Square Radiosurgery Centre Marks Official Opening
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 8, 2015Date: 2015-09-09 to 2015-09-11 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with or […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 9, 2014Date: 2014-09-10 to 2014-09-12 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with o […]
- Leksell Stereotactic Neurosurgery Training March 30, 2014Date: 2014-03-31 to 2014-04-02 Calendar Link: Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands Description: Objective To make neurosurgeons proficient in the use of Leksell Stereotactic System and to further develop their skills in the use of the system. The clinical part of the training focuses on functional disorders. Content General principles of stereotaxy, visualizatio […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Upgrade Program December 10, 2013Date: 2013-12-11 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: Cleveland Clinic Gamma Knife Center, Cleveland, OH, United States Description: Objective To receive aspects of clinical and technical training for handling new features of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, when upgrading from previous models. Training on the dynamic workflow of Leksell GammaPlan includes i […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Introductory Program December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: Cleveland Clinic Gamma Knife Center, Cleveland, OH, United States Description: Objective To identify the basic principles and biophysics of Gamma Knife surgery and how they apply to day-to-day patient treatment. Review the clinical indications, parameters of treatment and outcomes of Gamma Knife surgery […]
- XiO-IMRT December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-11 Calendar Link: Location: Freiburg, Germany Description: Objective To provide applications training in IMRT treatment planning utilizing the XiO Treatment Planning System. The course provides an understanding of the IMRT software enabling the user to efficiently create effective IMRT treatment plans using our product. Duration 3 […]
- Monaco December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States Description: OBJECTIVE To provide applications training in advanced radiobiology-based IMRT. The course provides an understanding of the IMRT software enabling the user to efficiently create effective IMRT treatment plans using our product. DURATION 5 days in-house t […]
- SRT December 4, 2013Date: 2013-12-05 to 2013-12-06 Calendar Link: Location: Würzburg, Germany Description: OBJECTIVE This advanced clinical training program is designed to present the processes required to implement SRT for routine treatment on Elekta Axesse™ and other Elekta linear accelerators sterotactic capabilities. COURSE CONTENT • Recognize indications for and outcom […]
- VMAT and IGRT Practical Implementation into the Clinic December 1, 2013Date: 2013-12-02 to 2013-12-03 Calendar Link: Location: Swedish Cancer Center Seattle Prostate , United States Description: This is a one and a half day Course for Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Dosimetrists and Nurses interested in Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT). The program will include such topics as defining the target volumes; clin […]
- Monaco December 1, 2013Date: 2013-12-02 to 2013-12-06 Calendar Link: Location: Freiburg, Germany Description: OBJECTIVE To provide applications training in advanced radiobiology-based IMRT treatment planning. The course provides an understanding of the IMRT software enabling the user to efficiently create effective IMRT treatment plans using our product. DURATION 5 days in […]