CMS Software, part of the Elekta Group and leader in radiation treatment planning and workflow management solutions, today announced that Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) Knight Cancer Institute has purchased Monaco, the next-generation Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) treatment planning system.
Featuring biological modeling, constrained optimization, sensitivity analysis and Monte Carlo dose calculation algorithms, Monaco represents a new approach to IMRT planning, including a sophisticated set of tools to make the radiotherapy planning process easier, more straightforward and more clinically reliable.
“The OHSU Department of Radiation Medicine is excited to offer its patients new technology that comes with the purchase of Monaco,”
says Wolfram Laub, Ph.D., and Associate-Director of Medical Physics at OHSU.
“The department has acquired multiple new technologies within the past few years and is a state-of-the-art facility. This recent purchase underlines OHSUs commitment to providing patients access to cutting-edge radiation therapy treatment.”
As the clinic continues to adopt advanced treatment planning technologies, they intend to review the soon-to-be-released Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)* planning functionality in Monaco. With the addition of VMAT to Monaco, clinicians will have additional benefits including:
• Simultaneous optimization of multiple non-coplanar arcs, which allows flexibility when planning with one or more arcs.
• Monte Carlo dose engine allows continuous arc calculation rather than being limited to dosing approximations with discrete gantry positions.
• Biologically based constrained optimization, which enables better target dose conformity and normal tissue sparing.
Developed in collaboration with leading academic healthcare institutions, Elekta’s comprehensive VMAT solution, with 3D volumetric imaging and advanced treatment planning algorithms, allows more precise dose distribution and faster treatment delivery. Future developments include creating more efficacious and efficient approaches for clinicians to deliver patient care.
*Monaco VMAT functionality is a works-in-progress.
- Elekta Debuts Versa HD Makes at Korean Society of Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting
- Save the Date for the 2013 Elekta Australasian User Meeting
- Puerto Rico’s Caribbean Imaging and Radiation Therapy Center Orders Elekta’s New Versa HD System for Treatment of Cancer Patients
- Webinar: Advances in lung SBRT planning utilizing radiobiological planning with Elekta’s Monaco®
- XiO® New Enhancements
- Canada’s Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Joins Elekta and Philips Research Consortium on MRI-Guided Radiation Therapy
- From BMX to Gamma Knife surgery and back – Josh Perry’s story
- Massage technique at Valley Hospital’s Gamma Knife Center puts patients at ease before treatment
- 2013 Leksell Radiosurgery Award Recipient: Dr. Hideyuki Kano
- The Gamma Knife Centre at Queen Square Radiosurgery Centre Marks Official Opening
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 8, 2015Date: 2015-09-09 to 2015-09-11 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with or […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Advanced Program for Stereotactic Radiosurgery September 9, 2014Date: 2014-09-10 to 2014-09-12 Calendar Link: Location: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States Description: Objective To further enhance the participant’s knowledge of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion and its advanced applications in the field of stereotactic radiosurgery. Specific focus will be placed on Gamma Knife surgery with o […]
- Leksell Stereotactic Neurosurgery Training March 30, 2014Date: 2014-03-31 to 2014-04-02 Calendar Link: Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands Description: Objective To make neurosurgeons proficient in the use of Leksell Stereotactic System and to further develop their skills in the use of the system. The clinical part of the training focuses on functional disorders. Content General principles of stereotaxy, visualizatio […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Upgrade Program December 10, 2013Date: 2013-12-11 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: Cleveland Clinic Gamma Knife Center, Cleveland, OH, United States Description: Objective To receive aspects of clinical and technical training for handling new features of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion, when upgrading from previous models. Training on the dynamic workflow of Leksell GammaPlan includes i […]
- Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion - Introductory Program December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: Cleveland Clinic Gamma Knife Center, Cleveland, OH, United States Description: Objective To identify the basic principles and biophysics of Gamma Knife surgery and how they apply to day-to-day patient treatment. Review the clinical indications, parameters of treatment and outcomes of Gamma Knife surgery […]
- Monaco December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-13 Calendar Link: Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States Description: OBJECTIVE To provide applications training in advanced radiobiology-based IMRT. The course provides an understanding of the IMRT software enabling the user to efficiently create effective IMRT treatment plans using our product. DURATION 5 days in-house t […]
- XiO-IMRT December 8, 2013Date: 2013-12-09 to 2013-12-11 Calendar Link: Location: Freiburg, Germany Description: Objective To provide applications training in IMRT treatment planning utilizing the XiO Treatment Planning System. The course provides an understanding of the IMRT software enabling the user to efficiently create effective IMRT treatment plans using our product. Duration 3 […]
- SRT December 4, 2013Date: 2013-12-05 to 2013-12-06 Calendar Link: Location: Würzburg, Germany Description: OBJECTIVE This advanced clinical training program is designed to present the processes required to implement SRT for routine treatment on Elekta Axesse™ and other Elekta linear accelerators sterotactic capabilities. COURSE CONTENT • Recognize indications for and outcom […]
- VMAT and IGRT Practical Implementation into the Clinic December 1, 2013Date: 2013-12-02 to 2013-12-03 Calendar Link: Location: Swedish Cancer Center Seattle Prostate , United States Description: This is a one and a half day Course for Radiation Oncologists, Medical Physicists, Dosimetrists and Nurses interested in Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT). The program will include such topics as defining the target volumes; clin […]
- XiO - Physics December 1, 2013Date: 2013-12-02 to 2013-12-06 Calendar Link: Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States Description: OBJECTIVE To provide information in regards to data acquisition requirements for the XiO Treatment Planning system, as well as training on using the beam modeling tools available in XiO. In addition, basic applications training in treament planning will b […]